Banks' Insider News Articles
- Banks' Insider News
- “ Formula SAE at Michigan International Speedway”May 16, 2014
Formula SAE competition is going on out at Michigan International Speedway - NASCAR and we are rooting for Team Cal Poly Pomona! Okay, maybe we are a bit biased because one of our guys is on the team!
- “ Size Matters 2 Epic Debut”March 22, 2014
Watch the official "Size Matters 2" video here!
- “ Size Matters 2 Behind The Scenes”March 13, 2014
Check out the behind the scenes footage of Mike Ryan's Banks Super-Turbo Freightliner during the filming of "Size Matters 2."
- “ Freightliner on SAE website”December 10, 2013
The Banks Super-Turbo Freightliner Cascadia was a popular display at this year's SEMA Show. Details on the truck's development and technology were shared on the SAE website.
- “ Diesel Army Goes Behind The Scenes With Gale Banks”October 02, 2013
Diesel Army sits down with the mad scientist himself to find out what makes him tick.
- “ Semi Truck: Banks Freightliner Super Turbo Pikes Peak Truck”July 02, 2013
Supercharger + Turbo = Pikes Peak record?
What is a Super-Turbo? It's an engine with both a supercharger and a turbocharger attached, according to Gale Banks of Banks Racing.
- “ Gale speaks with AutoWorld Radio to discuss Pikes Peak and the Banks Super-Turbo”June 29, 2013
Gale Banks speaks with Bob Long about his preparations for Mike Ryan’s Freightliner semi that is about to compete in the Pike’s Peak International Hill Climb
- “ Road Dog Radio interviews Gale Banks”June 29, 2013
Gale joins hosts Zee Taylor and "The Rooster" to talk about Mike Ryan's Banks Super-Turbo Freightliner and Pikes Peak, Bonneville Salt Flats and our plans for more records!
- “ Gale Banks returns to Car Cast”June 21, 2013
Gale Banks returns to talk turbo and gives both Adam and Matt a sneak peek at his preparations for Mike Ryan’s Freightliner semi that is about to compete in the Pike’s Peak International Hill Climb.
- “ King of the Hammers race report”February 11, 2013
Banks Power is proud to sponsor a Jeep that competes in the "King of the Hammers" race, and we're super proud of their results!
- “ Finding the Limits of the Duramax”September 21, 2012
When you think of racing engines, diesel is not the first thing that comes to mind. Racing engines are typically light weight and high-revving, while diesels are bulky, heavy and slower turning. So what is Gale Banks doing racing with all those Duramax engines?
- “ Paul Dallenbach okay following crash.”August 13, 2012
Paul Dallenbach, multiple champion at Pikes Peak, is in good condition following a crash into the forest early into his record attempt this past Sunday at the Pikes Peak international Hill Climb.
- “ SUBDUED SATURDAY”August 11, 2012
Unlike the rest of the week, the Dallenbach Racing/Banks Power team had a rather relaxed Saturday. Attention was focused on repairing the intake plenum to make sure that the #98 would have all 1,400-horses roaring and ready to race Sunday.
- “ FINAL PRACTICE: Still Fast, But Not Quite Perfect…”August 10, 2012
Dallenbach ran through the middle section of the course four times delivering consistent times with increased corner speeds in every run as the crew fine-tuned the chassis and the driver pushed the car.
- “ FASTEST QUALIFIER: Paul Dallenbach Puts The #98 On The Pole!”August 09, 2012
After staying up well past midnight rebuilding and repairing the Lola transaxle and differential Wednesday night the Dallenbach Racing/Banks Power team was rewarded for all their hard work.