Gale's Insider News Articles
- Gale's Insider News
- “ King of the Hammers race report”February 11, 2013
Banks Power is proud to sponsor a Jeep that competes in the "King of the Hammers" race, and we're super proud of their results!
- “ Finding the Limits of the Duramax”September 21, 2012
When you think of racing engines, diesel is not the first thing that comes to mind. Racing engines are typically light weight and high-revving, while diesels are bulky, heavy and slower turning. So what is Gale Banks doing racing with all those Duramax engines?
- “ Paul Dallenbach okay following crash.”August 13, 2012
Paul Dallenbach, multiple champion at Pikes Peak, is in good condition following a crash into the forest early into his record attempt this past Sunday at the Pikes Peak international Hill Climb.
- “ SUBDUED SATURDAY”August 11, 2012
Unlike the rest of the week, the Dallenbach Racing/Banks Power team had a rather relaxed Saturday. Attention was focused on repairing the intake plenum to make sure that the #98 would have all 1,400-horses roaring and ready to race Sunday.
- “ FINAL PRACTICE: Still Fast, But Not Quite Perfect…”August 10, 2012
Dallenbach ran through the middle section of the course four times delivering consistent times with increased corner speeds in every run as the crew fine-tuned the chassis and the driver pushed the car.
- “ FASTEST QUALIFIER: Paul Dallenbach Puts The #98 On The Pole!”August 09, 2012
After staying up well past midnight rebuilding and repairing the Lola transaxle and differential Wednesday night the Dallenbach Racing/Banks Power team was rewarded for all their hard work.
- “ PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT: Hopefully!”August 08, 2012
The limited slip differential should help to plant both rear tires and give Dallenbach more drive off the turns which in turn should directly translate into more speed on the course and less time on the clock!
- “ TEST REPORT: 150 MPH Top Speed!”August 07, 2012
Tuesday morning the Dallenbach Racing/Banks Power team took the car to Pueblo Motorsports Park near Colorado Springs to shake down and fine-tune the car making sure it is in tip-top shape before official practice sessions start on the mountain Wednesday.
- “ Dallenbach Racing-Banks Power Return to the Mountain!”August 06, 2012
The 90th running of the famed “Race to the Clouds” will take place on August 12, 2012 with the Dallenbach Racing/Banks Power team ready to bring the Unlimited Class record back to the USA.
- “ Autoblog features Dallenbach-Banks Pikes Peak team”June 21, 2012
Autoblog, the world's number one ranked website in the automotive industry, posted a story on our 1400 horsepower mountain climber. Check out the video!
- “ Pikes Peak-Latest Report”June 23, 2011
The latest report from the mountains of Colorado. Read about the great day of practice runs and how we've stacked up against the competition thus far.
- “ Pikes Peak-Turbos in the Clouds”June 22, 2011
A report on the car's specs, the driver's history, and what's expected on the mountain.
- “ Pikes Peak-Uphill Racer”June 22, 2011
A report on the race, the racer, and the race car, including the stories "Two-Decade Evolution" and "Bringing The Record Back Home."
- “ Pikes Peak part 2-mountain testing video”June 10, 2011
Watch the latest video from Pikes Peak showing the results of the most recent engineering upgrades. Talk about edge of your seat (and edge of the cliff) driving!
- “ Pikes Peak part 1-dyno and track video”May 31, 2011
Dallenbach Racing and Banks Power have teamed up to take on this year's Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.