Gale's Insider News Articles
- Gale's Insider News
- “ ICON and Banks Power on Autoblog--part 2”October 31, 2012
The ICON 4x4 pickup has made it to SEMA. Check out all the cool photos from the show...
- “ ICON and Banks Power on Autoblog--part 1”October 04, 2012
ICON vehicles are notorious for their attention to detail, performance, and exclusivity. So to power the '65 Dodge pickup they're building for SEMA, they teamed up with an engine builder that matched their high standard. You can guess who that was...
- “ Autoblog features Dallenbach-Banks Pikes Peak team”June 21, 2012
Autoblog, the world's number one ranked website in the automotive industry, posted a story on our 1400 horsepower mountain climber. Check out the video!
- “ The Mighty Duramax”February 15, 2012
When someone talks about powerful engines—ones that are built to take a beating and still last forever—they're no doubt talking about diesels. Read about the "Challenge Coin" too!
- “ Pikes Peak-Latest Report”June 23, 2011
The latest report from the mountains of Colorado. Read about the great day of practice runs and how we've stacked up against the competition thus far.
- “ Pikes Peak-Turbos in the Clouds”June 22, 2011
A report on the car's specs, the driver's history, and what's expected on the mountain.
- “ Pikes Peak-Uphill Racer”June 22, 2011
A report on the race, the racer, and the race car, including the stories "Two-Decade Evolution" and "Bringing The Record Back Home."
- “ Pikes Peak part 2-mountain testing video”June 10, 2011
Watch the latest video from Pikes Peak showing the results of the most recent engineering upgrades. Talk about edge of your seat (and edge of the cliff) driving!
- “ Pikes Peak part 1-dyno and track video”May 31, 2011
Dallenbach Racing and Banks Power have teamed up to take on this year's Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
- “ Adam Carolla's CarCast with Gale Banks”April 25, 2011
The gang from Adam Carolla's "CarCast" stopped by to see what Gale's been up to since their last meeting. Lots going on ... check it out!
- “ Banks breathes new life into Jeeps”April 15, 2011
The name "Sidewinder Turbo" has long been associated with incredibly awesome performance upgrades for turbo-diesel trucks, and now that add-on power is available for Jeeps.
- “ Dyno Bound”July 30, 2010
Here's something that's been a part of Gale Banks Engineering history almost since its inception, just now it is going to get bigger, newer power.
- “ Wastegate Actuator Magic and the Leno Tank Car Manual”July 09, 2010
How much do you want to know about wastegates and variable geometry turbos? Lots? Then give this a read. Plus, gain some insight into the engine that powers Jay Leno's crazy behemoth known as the tank car. There's HOT ROD POWER TOUR info too!
- “ Supercharger plus Turbo equals Nirvana Tango”June 25, 2010
Most people wouldn't even accept that a supercharger and a turbocharger can live under the same hood. Read on to see how Banks makes it work.
- “ Forced Induction Madness-The birth of an intake-charge-air cooler”April 09, 2010
Here's a video of the monster Steam Punk Banks Twin-Turbo Marine engine in action on the dyno.