- Magazine Articles
- “ 52 hp From a Turbo-The Ultimate 6.0L Power Stroke Upgrade”Diesel Power - July 2014
2007 Ford F-250 6.0L Power Stroke Garrett PowerMax By Banks Power
- “ Birth of a Super-Turbo”Diesel Power - November 2013
Diesel racing on a gigantic scale: Gale Banks and Mike Ryan team up to tackle Pikes Peak in a Freightliner semitruck.
- “ Banks Diesel V6”Diesel World - December 2012
Good Things Come in Small Packages. Banks Powertrain is bringing a V6 diesel engine to market sometime in 2013. Read on to see why that's a good thing...
- “ 6.6L Crate Engine”Diesel Power - November 2012
For this first time in the history of diesel performance, you can now buy a 100-percent, brand new diesel crate engine. 575 HP, turnkey, and there's not a used part in it.
- “ Dwayne Peace's Ridler-winning '55 Thunderbird”Street Rodder Premium - November 2012
A Banks 1150 HP Twin-Turbo system was selected to grace the underhood of Dwayne Peace's award winning 1955 Ford Thunderbird.
- “ Banks Powered 1955 Ford Thunderbird Takes Ridler Award”AutoWeek - March 2012
The most prestigious prize in the auto show world is the Ridler Award, and a car with a Banks twin-turbo engine just won it.
- “ Banks Sidewinder Dragster Gets More Power”Diesel World - February 2012
GM Duramax 6.6L LML engine gets SUPERCHARGED at Gale Banks Engineering
- “ Inside Gale Banks Engineering's New Blown 7.1L Duramax”Diesel Power - January 2012
Gale Banks has already set drag strip records with the twin-turbo version of this Duramax engine, and now they're swapping out the turbos for a supercharger.
- “ 800HP Twin-Turbo Duramax Crate Engine”Diesel Power - September 2010
This supercharged twin-turbo marine engine could pave the way for your next diesel swap
- “ A Supercharged and Turbocharged 6.6L Duramax Crate Engine”Diesel Power - March 2010
What's more important, horsepower or torque? With this engine, you don't have to choose!
- “ Diesel Gone Wild”Powerboat - March 2010
It's turbocharged. It's supercharged. It's the Banks Sequential Super-Turbo diesel, and it could change the way you think about diesel power.
- “ Banks is Back”Trailer Boats - February 2010
The technology used to set diesel drag-racing records is being brought to the water in the form of the Banks new marine diesel V-8, the Sequential Super-Turbo engine.
- “ Marine Animal”Professional Motorsports World - March-June 2009
Sea-bound diesel technology is being proved on the quarter-mile in the Banks Sidewinder
- “ Jay Leno's Ultimate Hot Rod”Drive! Magazine - November 2007
What happens when you leave a Korean War tank engine sitting too close to the hot rod that you parked over at Gale Banks Engineering?
- “ Forcing The Issue”Styling & Performance - September 2007
Power Guru Gale Banks explains why superchargers are more prevalent than turbos among Mustang enthusiasts running a force induction system.
- “ Two Timing With Turbos”Super Chevy Magazine - July 2007
Can Your Chevy Small-Block Make Over 1000 HP? It Can. Here's How.
- “ Rough 'N' Ready...A Rat Rod With a Twin-Turbo”Sport Truck - October 2005
Imagine driving a 1,100 hp, Twin-Turbo sport truck
- “ Banks "Rat Rod" Shop Truck”Chevy High Performance - August 2005
How the Banks Race Shop modified its twin-turbo "Rat Rod" pickup for the Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour
- “ Turnkey Power In Your Mailbox”Four Wheeler - May 2005
Guide to Crate Engines & Blocks
- “ Boost in a Crate... It's a V8”Turbo & High-Tech Performance - February 2005
Gale Banks Engineering's Twin-Turbo Small-Block Chevrolet V8: 1,115 HP @ 100 OCTANE/815 HP @ 91 OCTANE
- “ Banks' Twin-Turbo Sport Truck: It's Alive!”Sport Truck - November 2004
Sport Truck's Joe Pettitt takes some adrenaline-pumping 0-60 blasts in Banks Twin-Turbo test truck
- “ Talking Turbos”Engine Masters - Fall 2004
Banks Returns to the Streets with a new Twin Turbo Kit
- “ Turbo Terrors”Sports Car Graphic - October 1983
You can huff and puff and blow the competition away!
- “ Twin-Turbo Revival: Part 1”Super Rod - September 2004
The History and Evolution of the Gale Banks Engineering Twin-Turbo Chevrolet V-8s
- “ Twin-Turbo Revival: Part 2”Super Rod - September 2004
Back to the Future: Fast-Forward Firebird
- “ Sideways Into the Record Book”Truck Trend - July/August 2003
Banks sets new world speed record with the Sidewinder diesel pickup...
- “ Banks Sidewinder Turbo”Trailer Life - March 1993
Ford 6.9/7.3L diesel trucks
- “ Oil Burner Upgrade”4x4 Garage - Premiere Issue
The Banks Sidewinder Turbo for Early GM Diesels
- “ Gale Banks Engineering”Undercar Digest - June 2003
Winning Systems for Trucks, SUVs & Motor Homes
- “ Banks Sidewinder Rattles Bonneville”Truckin - May 2003
Project Sidewinder's goal is to break the Land Speed Record for any pickup, any class, gas or diesel...
- “ Spring Break Diesel Upgrades”Petersen's 4-Wheel & Off-Road — A Primedia Publication - July 2001
Installation & evaluation of Banks Sidewinder turbo system on a 6.2L diesel Blazer.
- “ Boosting Potential”Hot Rod — A Primedia Publication - May 2001
An informative look at "unraveling the mystery of turbocharging."
- “ Project Blazer”Four Wheeler - May 2000
Installation and test of Banks Sidewinder turbo for Chevy/GM 6.2L diesel trucks
- “ Salt Shaker”Hot Rod - December 1987
Gale Banks Engineering's 1988 Pontiac Trans Am is the World's Fastest Street Machine
- “ A Class of One”Four Wheeler - December 1989
Road Test: GMC V-2500 Suburban—now with Banks turbo power.
- “ Articles on Turbocharging”HOT ROD - April 1986
A great issue that's full of turbo talk. Turbo'd Buick Regals, turbos explained, intercoolers explained, turbo buyer's guide, and a nice spread on a cool '32 coupe.