- Magazine Articles
- “ Take Five With Gale Banks”Hot Rod - May 2014
Gale gets asked all sorts of questions, including what was the first car he hot rodded, what meeting Mickey Thompson was like, what he wants his legacy to be ...
- “ UNPARALLELED POWER”World of Firepower - August 2013
When engines are so strong they can even make a HMMWV move quickly, you know Gale Banks is behind them.
- “ Automotive legend has changed the face of the industry”San Gabriel Valley Tribune - July 2013
Gale Banks makes front page news, talking about racing, the military, and what it took to get where he is.
- “ Automotive aftermarket legend Gale Banks revs up Army's Humvee ”Los Angeles Times - April 2013
Banks is using his expertise in making fast cars and trucks even faster to improve the underpowered Humvee's performance.
- “ Gale Banks Comes Clean part 2”8-Lug - January 2013
Gale's thoughts on black smoke, DPF delete kits, and more.
- “ Gale Banks Comes Clean part 1”8-Lug - December 2012
Spending a day with the iconic diesel legend reveals interesting thoughts on a variety of subjects.
- “ 100 Most Influential People in RV History”RV Business - May 2010
Celebrating the Inventors, Entrepreneurs and Visionaries Who — During the Past 100 Years — Made Lasting Contributions to the Inception, Growth and Success of the Business of Recreation.
- “ Famed Hot Rodder Sees Opportunity in Clean Diesel Tech”The New York Times - online edition
From The New York Times: We sat down with Gale Banks and came away with a genuine hot-rodder's perspective on the future of clean diesel engines and fuels.
- “ Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum”DRIVE! - June 2009
"Banks Power: The First 50 Years" is a very thorough exhibit containing memorabilia from the Banks long career and features items ranging from late ‘50s to the record-holding Sidewinder diesel dragster.
- “ "Banks Power - The first 50 years" Opens at Wally Parks NHRA Museum”Diesel World - May 2009
50 years of automotive and marine engineering innovation was put on display at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum to honor Gale Banks and his achievements.
- “ Gale Banks Receives 2009 Distinguished Service Citation”Hotrod & Restoration - March 2009
The Automotive Hall of Fame has selected Gale Banks to receive one of their 2009 Distinguished Service Citations.
- “ Gale Banks to be honored by Automotive Hall of Fame”Pasadena Star News - January 23, 2009
Gale Banks set to receive the Automotove Hall of Fame's 2009 Distinguished Service Citation in New Orleans.
- “ Museum exhibit a tribute to Banks' long career”Pasadena Star-News - December 4, 2008
POMONA - Gale Banks calls himself a "futurist." So, what is a futurist doing in a museum?
- “ NHRA exhibit chronicles 50 years of Azusa's Gale Banks Engineering”Pasadena Star-News - December 4, 2008
POMONA - There were a lot of horses and a lot of power in a Fairplex museum on Wednesday. But it had nothing to do with a barn.
That's because 50 years of ramping up the internal combustion engine to make it go faster, longer and better went on display in the NHRA Wally Parks Motorsports Museum.
- “ Gale Banks Engineering pushes to make vehicles more powerful, fuel efficient”Los Angeles Times - September 22, 2008
Gale Banks Engineering pushes to make vehicles more powerful, fuel efficient
- “ One On One With Gale Banks”Diesel Builder - February 2008
Straight Talk With the Man Largely Identified as the Creator of the Diesel Aftermarket
- “ Power Broker”Sport Truck - January 2008
Here's a guy who's done it all and done it well, and he has the records to prove it. You'll find his name in the record books for building the fastest pickups on earth. This article features the Shop Truck, Gale's 502SS, Sidewinder GMC Sierra, Sidewinder S-10, and the Sidewinder Dakota.
- “ Safe At Any Speed”Truck Trend - November 2007
When I started in 1958, all engine tuning was a mechanical enterprise. Today, especially in the diesel world, many tuners still rely on retro technology, but I'm not one of them.
- “ Azusa Firm Turns It Up A Notch”Pasadena Star News - October 1st, 2007
“I'm a futurist. It's always about what's next. We tend to engineer the automotive future.” - Gale Banks
- “ Drivelines Chatter: Gale Banks, Gale Banks Engineering”4-Wheel & Off-Road - March 2007
Gale Banks knows how to make power, whether he's land-speed racing or improving the performance of an anemic motorhome.
- “ More Power To You”RV View - June 2007
Banks power systems provide RVers with power for the road
- “ Engine Builder Does It Diesel”The Detroit News - May 9th, 2007
Could performance cars like Corvettes and Mustangs and others be powered by diesel engines in the future? They not only could be, but they would be if Gale Banks had his way.
- “ Power Guru”Garage Magazine - Issue No. 12
50 Years of Fast Times and Weird Science with Gale Banks
- “ Dynamometers: Fact or Fantasy”Diesel Power - Summer 2005
How to get factual horsepower and torque numbers using dynamometers—and why inertia dynos are dyno jokes!
- “ Banks Goes Camping”Diesel Power - Summer 2005
Camping World is a nationwide certified dealer and installer of Banks Power Systems.
- “ Truck & SUV Super Tuners”AutoWeek - May 2005
Performance. It's Not Just for Cars.
- “ Guys Talking Cars”Popular Mechanics - November 2002
Jay Leno talks about the Banks Gearhead Bash
- “ Inside Banks Engineering”ToyHauler - December 2003
A behind-the-scenes look at Banks Engineering
- “ Gale Banks Engineering”Undercar Digest - June 2003
Winning Systems for Trucks, SUVs & Motor Homes
- “ Chat with Gale Banks”Ford-Diesel.com - Online Chat
Gale himself fields many Power & Performance questions during a live chat on Ford-Diesel.com